The Maltese Islands have become a hub for the maritime and shipping industry, due in part to its strategic position in the heart of the Mediterranean. Presently the Maltese regisrty is the largest in Europe and 6th largest in the world. Such success is owed to Malta’s attractive and competitive legislative and fiscal frame work which offers a range of incentives for ship/yacht owners, shipping mangement companies and financiers. DF Advocates shipping department caters for all of the industry’s requirements, providing clients with results-driven solutions in an efficient, tailor-made and cost-effective manner.
Our maritime services include:
- Registration, transfer and deletion of vessels under the Malta flag;
- bareboat charter registrations;
- yacht registrations;
- ship owning and ship management company incorporation and structuring of such companies in a tax efficient manner;
- Co-ordination of vessel financing transactions, preparation and review of loan agreements, security agreements, statutory mortgages, collateral deeds of covenants, issuing of legal opinions;
- Registration, amendment, transfer and discharge of statutory mortgage deeds registered over Malta-registered vessels and other form of securities;
- ship sales and purchases;
- chartering and leasing;
- advising shipping companies on the tonnage tax system and other tax related matters;
- maritime litigation;
- Handling of on-going crewing and compliance formalities with the relevant Maltese authorities;
- Arrest of vessel.